Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Catching Up


     September and October were very busy and productive months.  I had a day at Williams Sonoma Calabasas, where I demonstrated tempering chocolate and built a large showpiece.  I also had a huge display of my products and sold them there.  I had a big audience watching me build the showpiece and a fabulous response to the tastes of my bon bons.  All the samples were gobbled up!
  
















     I also started teaching classes at another venue, Vom Fass Westlake Village.  I develop recipes that feature their fabulous products, which include vinegars, olive oils and wonderful liqueurs and flavors.  I have had a great response from these classes and have really enjoyed developing the recipes.  The staff at Vom Fass is a pleasure to work with.

     My first class was The End of Summer Berries:
     


                      Fresh Blueberry Lemoncello Tart with Honey Grape Vinegar Shortcrust








                            Strawberries in Zabaglione with Vom Fass Fine Orange Liqueur
                                                                  and Robinart Biscotti
 


     I am now in Las Vegas, developing and refining new holiday recipes and techniques for my upcoming holiday season and future classes.  I am working with World Pastry Champion and Top Chef  Season 2 Winner, Chris Hanmer.  This is like pastry chef dream camp for me.  I will include pictures from this session in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment