Saturday, June 14, 2014

My Day With The Culinary Students of College of The Canyons


     I spent a fabulous day with the students of the culinary program at The College of the Canyons in Valencia, California.  They were preparing for their final presentations for their pastry program.  

     We worked on perfecting the tempering of chocolate, the making of several types of flower petals, the assembling of a flower and the planning and making of a chocolate showpiece or amenity for displaying their final pastries and bon bons.  They were great students and did a wonderful job.  I had such a good time with them.  I hope I get an opportunity to work with them and their terrific teacher, Chef Cindy Schwanke.  

     I wish them all the best success.  I want to thank them for the very inspiring experience.






Here are some of the student's flower creations.



The Pastry Class of 2014 
College of the Canyons

No comments:

Post a Comment